Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lloyd from Say Anything (for IF), a unicorn, and Smart Dummies

The Illustration Friday prompt this week is: old. My first thought was to think of something old that people don't use much anymore. I saw someone with a boombox recently, so I started sketching boomboxes. That made me think of old music, which made me think of old movies, and eventually Lloyd from the 80s movie, Say Anything, popped in my mind. I couldn't resist making a quick drawing of Lloyd. I liked it so much I decided to make it my official drawing for IF this week:


Ever since I drew that, Peter Gabriel has been in my head singing, "In Your Eyes." Here's the scene from the movie, in case you want to see it again, or for the first time!

Smart Dummies is a challenge for illustrators to complete a picture book dummy in September. (It was started this year by Dani Duck.) There are guest posts every day, with some really good ones up so far. Go here to see most of the Smart Dummies posts.

Note: My guest post for Smart Dummies doesn't show up on that link, but you can find it here: Three Ways To Make A Picture Book Dummy. I also made art to go with that post, including this unicorn, who has now taken over my Zazzle store! (I was just going to make a shirt for me, but there was an easy way to add the unicorn to lots of things, and the unicorn wanted to go home with other people, so I tried it.)



Looking for something fun an unicorny to wear or for your house? Please check out my Zazzle store here.

2 comments:

  1. I think Lloyd was one of those popular kids in school, the kind that wore name brand jeans and Converse sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Lloyd was popular, but I don't think it was because of what he wore. I think it was because of who he was (at least that's my memory of the movie).

      Delete