Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

my inner editor is an angry tiger

Do you ever have days where you feel like an angry tiger trapped in a tiny glass box? My inner editor does! That's why I had to snap this picture* recently. This is totally what my inner editor looks like when she gets angry and throws a temper tantrum (usually because she wants to play instead of let me work on my writing or illustrating - my inner editor is good with distraction):


In the end, I always find a way to work around her (usually when she's asleep). Lucky for me, cats like to sleep a LOT. Unfortunately, they also like to play a LOT! And my inner editor kitty is too big to ignore. Plus, look at those teeth! Her claws are huge too. Trust me, you don't want to mess with her.

So I've got my work cut out for me.

What does your inner editor look like? How do you work around him/her/them?

*Picture taken at the Museum of Natural History. This really was an angry tiger in a glass box!

6 comments:

  1. My inner editor is probably a kitten--easily distracted by a ball of yarn on days when writing is harder than usual. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a kitten. A tiny, harmless kitten. Sounds like a great inner editor! Except, of course when he or she wants to play instead of write.

      Delete
  2. Your inner editor manages to be scary, while also magnificent.
    Mine is the lowly face-palm. No, not so much about not enough butt-in-chair, but letting me know I, once again, managed to post a comment on someone’s blog leaving yet another glaring *TYPO*-slap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that kind of inner editor too. It's hard to ignore the typo, isn't it? At least there's no typo in your response here! (At least I don't think there is. Sometimes I miss them, so if you put one in on purpose to show me what you mean, I didn't see it.)

      Delete
  3. My inner editor is not THAT scary. Annoying, yes, but not scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my inner editor is only that scary when she wants to play and I want to write ;) Otherwise she's a purring tiger. Happy to hear your inner editor isn't scary!

      Delete