Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

It’s time to be fearless! (of mice and IF)

The prompt for Illustration Friday this week is, “Fearless.” It reminded me of a series of images I’ve done over the years that I continue to revamp, because I like the visuals but haven’t  found the right story yet. The images below are from the summer of 2007. There’s a more recent version, but I like this one better. There are also older versions, but I couldn’t find them in time for this post.
Here is, “Fearless Mouse” (a.k.a. Circus Mouse, Adventure Mouse, etc.)

A distant relative of the Hickory, Dickory, Dock mouse.

A distant relative of the Hickory, Dickory, Dock mouse.

What time is it Ms. Mouse? It’s time to be brave …

This elephant isn't scared of a tiny mouse!

This elephant isn't scared of a tiny mouse!

…and slide down the elephant’s trunk! Then it’s off to the Big Top, sporting her top hat and tails, because Ms. Mouse is FEARLESS! Only a fearless mouse would dare to …

Two daring young sheep and a mouse on the flying trapeze!

They fly though the air with the greatest of ease!

… perform with two daring young sheep on the flying trapeze! After a long night at the circus, Ms. Mouse likes to go back to her tent and relax.

Bath time is better with bubbles.

Bath time is better with bubbles.

She slides into a nice warm bubble bath and relives her adventures, while planning for more tomorrow.

Update: After posting this late last night (actually early morning), I had a brainstorm about where and how this might work! It won’t star the mouse, but she’ll still be running around the circus. :) I scribbled my ideas down and put them away for when I’m done with my zombie novel and chicken graphic novel projects. I love when solutions suddenly present themselves after years of not quite working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment