Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

videos for illustrators, authors, and snarky people

I’m not here; I’m working on my portfolio. However, there are a few cool videos that I thought you might like while I’m gone:

For Illustrators – How to watermark a whole batch of illustrations in Photoshop at once. The video is long, but really helpful. Watch, © copyright your images, post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xem8KSnuhJI

For Authors and Illustrators – 2 interviews with Sandra Boynton in one video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg4SztCh_0U

For Authors – Sherman Alexie on the Young Adult Novelists panel at the Texas for the Texas Book Festival, November 3 2007. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwiQb8OQ6dY

For Snarky People – Have you seen the TV show Whatever Martha? It’s my new favorite snarkfest. Alexis Stewart (Martha’s daughter) and her friend Jennifer watch old Martha Stewart shows and make funny comments. Sometimes they try the craft projects (and usually fail). Don’t feel sorry for Martha. She had the idea in the first place. The Rice Krispie treats episode and the Andy Rooney episode are my favorites, but I couldn’t find them on YouTube. The s’mores episode is good too, and it’s here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBPuJwbwyI

4 comments:

  1. OMG! "I LOVE Whatever, Martha!" I thought I was all alone on this one. I love it so much that I have it set on DVR to tape all new episodes in case I miss it. Too funny.

    I also love "The Starter Wife." Total snark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out the Whatever Martha show...it sounds funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh! I love a good humor induced laugh that makes me squirt coffee out my nose. I'll have to check it out and see if it's nose-squirt worthy. ;0)

    christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. CJ - Yay! I thought I was the only one too. :) Haven't checked out The Starter Wife yet. Maybe I'll have time when it's in reruns (I find a lot of great shows I missed that way.)

    Kelly and Christy - I hope you both like Whatever Martha!

    ReplyDelete