Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

apples and more info + new prizes for my title contest

We’re back from apple picking! There weren’t as many apples this year, so we had to hunt back in the secret part of the orchard that not too many people know about ;) We’ve been going to the orchard for years, so we know where all the good apples are. :)

Thanks for all the really great titles suggested so far!!! I’m more awake than when I first posted the contest, so I can give you a little bit more info about the book, to help with title ideas:

About the book:
Current Title: THROUGH THE WOODS
Wishes for the New Title: Dark and scary, or funny with an edge, or anything that will keep me inspired for 50,000 words in 30 days. It’s a YA novel.

* The MC is Bee, short for Ruby (I posted the b/w painting of her a few days ago). She got her nickname because she’s able to communicate with bees; if Ruby is around, the bees are usually close by.

* I’m hoping that the novel will be dark, with some humorous bits to help ease the tension. I’m not sure I can pull it off, but I’m going to try.

* Going through the woods can be a good, bad, or magical experience. In my book, Bee experiences all three. Examples: The song/poem, “Over the River and Through the Woods,” (good). The play, “Into The Woods,” (bad). The fairy tale, “Little Red Riding Hood,” (magical/supernatural).

* Bee is going through the woods to visit her grandmother.

* Bee’s best friend IG goes through the woods with her. IG is short for Isadora Greenling, a.k.a. Injury Girl.

* There’s a possible romance between the MC and a woodsman, but Bee’s not sure if she can trust him.

New Prizes!
Everyone: 10 Sheila the Zombie Cheerleader postcards, picked randomly from all the entries (she’s not in the book, but will be cheering me on). The postcard will have the B/W image or the original painting (shown below), your choice, and one of Sheila’s cheers, also your choice:
Cheer #1: B-U-T-T I-N CHAIR! Butt in Chair! Butt In Chair! Yay!
Cheer #2: Be Creative! B-E CREATIVE! Or Else!

Winner: A Sheila the zombie cheerleader postcard AND a journal of your choice (for writing or drawing) from my cafepress store.



How to enter: reply in the comments on either LJ or Blogger, to the original contest thread (or this one).
New Deadline: Tuesday October 21, at 5pm EST. (Deadline extended because of new info and DH said I should give people more that 1 day.) Void where prohibited and all that legal stuff. This contest is for fun only. The winner will be picked by me and is totally subjective, as it needs to inspire me to keep my BIC and write ;) I’ll announce the winner on Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. BEEING RUBY
    BEE STUNG
    BUZZ RUBY, BUZZ
    BZZZZZZZZZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Stinging Path

    Bee Careful of the Road You Follow/Take

    Ruby, Queen of the Bees

    A Dark Night Between Hives

    The Sting Only Hurts Until You Die

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woodland

    Woodland Hives

    Woodland Roads

    Ru-bee's

    Woodland Whisperer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, IG and the Bee
    Buzzin' with the Woodsman
    Forest Buzz

    LOL -- better give up while I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great suggestions Jill and Christy, and for more great suggestions Brenda and Rena! Winner announced tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete